Saturday, 14 February 2009
Visit the Gospel Coalition page to listen to a Q&A session with D. A. Carson and Mark Dever (in S. Africa) answering questions on topics such as church membership, discipline, elders, baptism, preaching, etc.
pjtibayan provides a comprehensive synopsis of the session, with time stamps on respective questions listed down.
Tuesday, 11 November 2008
pjtibayan just completed a 3-part entry on reasons to formally commit to a church as a member.
1. You need to edify others who are committed to the church body.
2. You need to be edified by others who are committed to the church body.
3. You need to lovingly hold others accountable.
4. You need to be lovingly held accountable by others.
5. You need to obey your leaders.
6. You need to encourage your leaders.
Tuesday, 28 October 2008
pjtibayan just completed a 3-part entry on the discussion of whether the term “member” or “partner” should be used in the context of church membership and biblical accountability in the local church.