Thursday, 23 May 2013 | No Comments
To further help Christians know what they believe, why they believe it, how to live it, and how to share it, from today the eBook editions of R.C. Sproul’s Crucial Questions series will be free forever. It is available in epub format on the Ligonier website, and in Kindle and iTunes format as well. The links for the free Kindle ebooks are listed below.
- Can I be sure I’m saved?
- Can I have joy in my life?
- Can I know God’s will?
- Can I trust the Bible?
- Does God control everything?
- Does prayer change things?
- How should I live in this world?
- What can I do with my guilt?
- What does it mean to be born again?
- What is baptism?
- What is faith?
- What is the Trinity?
- Who is Jesus?
- Who is the Holy Spirit?
You can find ePub and iTunes formats free here.
Thursday, 16 May 2013 | No Comments
Here’s a great article on the benefits of reading to your children. I credit my mother for instilling and inspiring me to read and love books from a very young age, much of which contributed to my strong English foundation, love for all kinds of literature, and even my passion and love for theology and academia.
Here are the points in summary on why it is imperative to read aloud to your children, according to the article’s writer, Katherine Stone.
- It’s time spent together.
- It’s a conversation starter.
- It’s a great way to talk about emotional health.
- It’s a great way to honour the individuality in your children.
- You can open up new worlds for your kids.
- You get a wealth of information on where your children might need help.
- It can lead to a lifelong love of reading in your kids.
Read the full article here.
This work by Skillful Shepherds Ministries is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.